The Login Monitor is designed and only available for In-house agencies. In-house agencies need a way of tracking the number of concurrent users logged into AMS360 at any given time, because the number of concurrent users cannot exceed the number of licenses purchased.
Since In-house agencies are allowed to setup as many users in Employee Setup with a login ID and password as they desire, occasionally the number of users attempting to login to AMS360 may exceed the number of licenses purchased.
If the number of users are exceeded, the agency can open the Login Monitor to see who is logged in and make the appropriate decisions as to who needs to exit the system so the current user can log on. This may occur, for example, if a user logged in at two different workstations.
The following message appears if the user logging in exceeds the number of concurrent users allowed:
The maximum number of concurrent logins has been met. No additional logins are permitted at this time.
- Open the Administration Center.
- On the Utilities menu, click Login Monitor.
You must have admin rights to access this feature.
The following columns are available.
Logins with a certain period of inactivity do not display in the grid. For more information, see the Important Considerations section of this topic.
Keep the following considerations in mind:
- When processing the current user's login, the agency's license count is compared against the number of active users in the Login Monitor. If the active users are > = the license count, the user is not allowed to login.
- If a user is logging in for the first time, their Name, Workstation ID, and Login Time is added as a row to the Login Monitor.
- If a user has timed out and is re-logging in, the agency's license count is compared against the number of active users in the Login Monitor. If the active users are great than or equal to the license count, the user is not allowed to re-login. If the active users are less than the license count, the user is allowed to re-login.
© 2021 Vertafore