Login and password administration is an important part of securing your agency's data. Our applications are designed so users can manage their own login or password. However, you may occasionally need help from your System Administrator.
The information below is to help you resolve login issues and reset passwords.
If your agency uses VSSO, password resets can be initiated by the user by clicking Forgot password? on the sign-on screen. For more information or to reset a user password using the VSSO Admin Console see the Change account password and security questions topic in VSSO Help.
- In the Employee Center, select the employee.
- With an Employee record open, from the sidebar menu click Views > Employee Overview.
- From Employee Overview, click Edit Employee.
- Expand the General section and verify that the Active status option is selected.
- Expand the Security > Login Information section and verify that a valid User ID exists and that a Password exists. Users having a User ID must have a Password defined.
- Verify that the employee is not trying to access the system outside the valid Login Time. You have the option of changing the Login Time for the employee or informing the person of the agency's system access policy.
- Enter a new Password. If necessary, check Require password change at next login. This will prompt the user to change their password when they log on. Provide the password to the user.
You can also use Generate Password to email a temporary password to the user.
- Click Save and Close.
- If a user tries unsuccessfully to login to AMS360 five times, the User ID is locked out for 20 minutes. Use Reset Login in the Login Information section to clear the lockout and allow the user to log into AMS360.
If the user still can't login after you've reset the password, check the Employee Setup screen again. If the Reset Login button is active (not dimmed as in the picture) click it. Save and Close the screen and have the user try logging in again. (It helps to clear cache before trying to log in. See for Workflow: Using Dx360 AMS360 Diagnostic Utility, Workstation Utilities for information on clearing cache.)
Other issues that affect Logins and Passwords:
- Passwords expire every 60 days. Did the user change the password and forget the new one?
- The system at the Vertafore Data Center may be down for maintenance. These down times are well documented but, if you receive a message during login to "Try again later," this means that the system is unavailable.
If you can't login to AMS360 as the administrator (Admin) or to the VSSO Admin Console; or if the above steps don't clear the login or password problem, please contact Vertafore Support.
You can only have valid login information for the number of employees equal to the number of licensed users per your AMS360 contract. A valid login requires a User ID, Password, and assignment to at least one Security Group in Employee Setup.
© 2021 Vertafore