Vertafore Text Messenger Overview
Available to Online Agencies who subscribe to this service.
AMS360 brings the convenience of SMS text messaging with your customer via Vertafore Messenger. With Messenger you can see when new messages arrive or if a message hasn't received a response, attach all or parts of the conversation to an Activity to become a permanent part of the client file. access Messenger from My Agency Home or the Client Summary window, if you use Vertafore Agency Platform
We're partnering with Twillio, the company providing a new number or connecting to an existing number for texting. This feature is an add-on that carries a set up fee and monthly subscription. Contact your Vertafore Account Manager for more information or to request this feature.
When you purchase Messenger you'll be notified when your agency has been provisioned for it and ready for you to set it up in AMS360. For information on setting up Text Messenger see the Text Messenger Setup topic.
The main Messenger icon, the one that tells you the status of Text Messenger as well as if new messages have been received, is in the footer of every AMS360 web page. Moving your mouse over the icon tells you the status of Text Messenger:
- A white bubble indicates Messenger is Online, but no new messages have been received.
- A green bubble means new messages exist. Move your mouse over the icon to see the number of new messages.
This icon can have two other states. See Troubleshoot Text Messenger problems for more information.
You can send a text message in several ways. If the customer has sent you a text you can respond in the Text Window. If you want to initiate a text, you can click the black chat bubble in the:
- Customer Overview page. (In the Customer Center, click Customer Overview from the sidebar menu.
- Additional Information for (Contact) window. in the Customer Overview.
When text messages arrive a green bubble icon in the footer indicates you have new texts. Click the icon to open the Text Messenger message window.
Attachments can now be received and saved within Vertafore Messenger provided the phone number used to receive text messages is not a 1-800# (this only applies to agencies that have ported a number to use for text messages.)
The Multimedia messaging service is only supported on non-toll-free numbers.
- Once an attachment is received in Vertafore Messenger, select the relevant messages and click Create Activity.
Text Message – Picture message
- The text included with the attachment will display in the description box. Click the newly available Attachments tab.
- This will display the attachment selected, and its details can be edited. File Name, Description, and Security Class are required fields. Document Type and Index 1 are categorization fields for organization purposes.
- Click Save. A confirmation window will display. Click OK.
- This attachment can now be found under a customer’s activity record in AMS360
View Activity - Attachments
Vertafore Messenger can accommodate multiple attachment types, including JPG, PNG, and PDF files.
- The window contains new and old messages up to 45 days old for customers that you have security access to.
- All users with security rights to the customer will see the text messages. Meaning if you are authorized to view a client, you'll see the text messages exchanged between another user and the customers.
- Messages you haven't responded to yet are in bold text.
- Use the gear icon in the left pane to mark a message Complete or Incomplete. Setting a message to Incomplete makes it appear as new (bold).
- Sort the messages with either the newest or oldest messages at the top of the window.
- AMS360 matches the incoming phone number with your customer information. If a match is found, the customer name displays with the message. Several icons identify if the number matched one or multiple customers. Click to see the matches found. (You'll see only customers you have security access for.)
- A message received from a phone number that doesn't match any customer appears with a ?.
- Failed messages appear with an exclamation mark and Not Delivered status.
- In the left pane is the last message in each conversation.
- Click on a message in the left pane to see the entire conversation in the right pane.
- Respond to a message by clicking the last message in the conversation in the left panel and typing in the Send Message box (right pane) and then clicking Send.
Create an Activity by marking the text message(s) you want to attach to an Activity and clicking Create Activity.
When creating an Activity for a message where the number is associated with multiple customers, you'll be prompted to select the customer for which you want to create the Activity.
When you click create Activity, the Activity window opens with the messages listed. Choose an Action and add any other information you like and then click Save.
You may want to set up a new Action, such as "Text", for Text Messenger Activities in Activity/Suspense Setup.
© 2021 Vertafore